“The first priority of our program will be our players’ education. It is our obligation and responsibility to provide an atmosphere that allows for complete academic success. My staff and I work diligently to help each individual become a dependable, responsible student within the university’s system.” ~ Danny Manning
At Wake Forest, players participate yearly in Life Skills workshops set up by Coach Manning. These workshops include a financial seminar, campus security seminar, media training, drug/alcohol awareness seminar, stress management and sleep seminar, resume writing workshops and meetings with professionals on life after collegiate athletics.
FACTS & FIGURES
- 51% of all Wake Forest student athletes were on the ACC Honor Roll
- 8 of the 17 men’s basketball players made the 2013-14 ACC Honor Roll
- Graduation Success Rate (GSR) 94% for all sports
- Men’s Basketball’s Academic Progress Rate (APR) 1000 for 2012-13
- APR and GSR are some of the highest scores in the ACC and in the NCAA
- 70+ tutors are hired each semester to work with all student-athletes
- 3 men’s basketball players made the Wake Forest Dean’s List
- The men’s basketball team had a cumulative GPA of 2.963 for the Spring 2014 semester.
- Every student is provided with a state of the art computer laptop, and the entire campus featureS free high speed wireless internet.
WAKE FOREST BASKETBALL ALUMNI
- 16 CEO/Presidents
- 16 Vice Presidents
- 12 Coaches
- 10 Lawyers
- 7 Medical Doctors
- 6 Dentists
- 5 Professors
- 4 Ministers
- 3 National Account Managers
- 1 Actor