- $12 million project
- 18,000 square feet of space will be dedicated to new men’s basketball offices, locker rooms, team meeting rooms, film and video rooms, recruiting areas (including a recruiting room featuring an expansive 21’x 8’ video wall with surround sound), and a Wake Forest Basketball Hall of Fame which will celebrate the strong heritage of the program
- “The Shah Basketball Complex creates an incredible advantage for our program. Thanks to Mit’s continued leadership and generosity, we’re going from one of the oldest and least efficient facilities in the ACC to one of the very best in the country. As we continue to build the foundation for our program to compete for championships, the Shah Basketball Complex will serve as our hub for skill development, strength training and nutrition and will enhance our ability to recruit the very best student-athletes where we can help them to be stronger, faster, more knowledgeable, more capable and thus, extraordinarily successful on and off the court.”
- Heritage area dedicated to the history of Wake Forest Basketball that will include an interactive touch screen display, program memorabilia and a Legends wall.
- A new practice gym with on-court film viewing areas which allow for immediate video analysis, statistical analysis, and enhanced coaching
- Existing practice gym in Miller Center will be renovated and enhanced and will connect to a new practice gym located in the Shah Basketball Complex.
- STATS SportVu Technology will provide extensive data to aid development and enhance competitiveness. This technology, used by many NBA teams, utilizes six-cameras throughout the gym to track the real-time positions of players and the ball 25 times per second. STATS is able analyze this player tracking data and create a wealth of advanced statistics based on speed, distance, player separation and ball possession. The combination of player and ball tracking and STATS’ rich historical information database provides the most comprehensive and sophisticated basketball data stream available.
- Noah Basketball Shooting System will improve players’ shooting percentages. It is the only basketball shooting aid that can correctly measure the arc and depth of every shot taken while providing instant feedback to the shooter. The instant feedback allows immediate adaptability and correction to the shot, building muscle memory and confidence within the shooter.
- 6,400 square feet of state-of-the-art basketball strength and conditioning and recovering areas
- State-of-the-art strength equipment including Sorinex Olympic platforms, free weights and Hammer Strength machines
- VersaClimbers which provide total body cardio vertical training
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity treadmill to help players recover faster
- RPS Zero Gravity lounge chairs keep athletes’ legs elevated during recovery sessions
- Cryotherapy chamber to decrease pain and inflammation and facilitate faster body recovery
SPORTS MEDICINE AND NUTRITION
- 5,800 square foot Sports Medicine facility with an expanded 1,600 square foot hydrotherapy area
- Dedicated 24-hour, 7 day a week nutrition zone with full-time sports dietitian who can provide nutrition counseling and educational resources
- Teaching kitchen allows for enhanced nutrition education and counseling
- Grab and go fueling station stocked with healthy snacks, recovery smoothies, and a gluten-free area
- Dedicated conference room in Shah Basketball Center serves as an ideal dining area for team meals