Named for Lawrence Joel, the only native of Winston-Salem who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor (the nation’s highest combat award), Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum is home to the Wake Forest Deacon Demons.
- Wake Forest has won almost 80 percent of its games at the venue since it opened in 1989.
- Wake Forest bought the Coliseum on August 1, 2013 for $8 Million.
- A state-of-the-art audio system was installed prior to the 2013-14 season.
- Wake Forest plans to spend more than $40 Million to make it the premier arena in college basketball.
- The locker room in the Coliseum has four flat screen TVs, a lounge area, player area, training room and video room.
For more information on LJVM, CLICK HERE.